Sunday, January 7, 2007

You, Me and Dupree DVD review

I rented "You, Me and Dupree" on Netflix (I know its kinda old) and watched it the other night. I read many reviews when it came out, all bad reviews, so my expectation of this movie was super low. I was expecting a really dumb, stupid movie. But to my surprise it was OK. The acting by Kate Hudson was terrible in my opinion, but she didn’t really have that much dialogue in the movie anyways. Most of the movie was focused on Matt Dillon and Owen Wilson.

Plot goes like this…Owen Wilson is the best friend of Matt Dillon. Matt Dillon marries Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson is his Best Man. Matt Dillon finds out Owen Wilson loses his job and apartment and car because he attended his friends wedding. So Matt feels bad and lets him stay at his home until he gets back on his feet. Simple plot nothing complicated. Of course while Dupree (Owen Wilson) is staying at their house all hell breaks loose and of course the Kate Hudson’s character starts to get annoyed. It was weird seeing Michael Douglas in this movie, but I think he did a good job being the evil dad.

I was expecting a terrible, ridiculous movie. But overall it was a decent rental. If you are a fan of Owen Wilson then you should see this. Just don’t expect anything from this movie. Acting was sub-par, plot was simple but kind of stupid and the end result of the movie was the usual happy ending.

If you are bored and have nothing to watch then I would recommend this. A nice stupid simple movie to just lay in bed and giggle and some of the scenes that were funny.

Mogura says MAYBE rent it, if you’re bored.

-mogura

No comments: