Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Movie Review Round Up

Sorry sorry...been busy and kinda lazy in writing my reviews
So now I am going to write a bunch of movie reviews so I can get caught up!

It will be quick and painless I assure you!

"300" starring Gerard Butler (aka the phantom of the opera)
Mogura review: Leave your brain at home and sneak in some popcorn and soda from the convenience store (since going to the movies is like 11 bucks now! add popcorn and soda then you're broke!) and relax and enjoy this ACTION PACKED movie! Lots of blood and violence what more can you ask for! Just watching this movie made me go to the gym and start lifting weights! This movie makes you salivate for the summer movies that are coming to theaters. MOGURA APPROVES!

"Dreamgirls" starring Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx
Mogura review: This movie made me hate Beyonce more. She is just so annoying to watch on TV, Commercials, Movies...basically everything!! Watching Jennifer Hudson (acting for the first time) was refreshing. She seemed to have that attitude where "hey when am I going to get another chance like this." And she put it all out there. Her singing gave me goosebumps! But the movie overall was just ok a good DVD rental. MOGURA SAYS RENT IT!

"The Holiday" starring Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Jude Law, Kate Winslet
Mogura review: Chick Flick...nuff said...something about it I didn't like. It wasn't terrible but something about it that made me annoyed of this movie. I just quite can't think of what it is though. But if you are a fan of CHICK flix then this is the movie for you. MOGURA SAYS RENT IT...IF YOU LIKE CHICK FLIX

"Haven" starring Orlando Bloom
Mogura review:Not much press on this one...so you may not have heard about it. It wasn't that bad, Movie goes back and forth in time and puts everything together at the end. Best part of the movie was to see pretty boy orlando bloom get his face messed up! muahahah MOGURA SAYS RENT IT

"Happy Feet" starring Penguins and voices of famous actors and actresses.
Mogura review: I heard so many good things about this movie. After watching it I wasn't impressed at all. I was kind of getting annoyed of all the dancing and singing. Maybe I was in a Bad MOOD! haha but I thought the movie was just ok. Seemed like every character was voiced by Robin Williams...maybe thats what annoyed me. I think kids would enjoy this movie. MOGURA SAYS RENT IT IF YOU HAVE KIDS IF NOT RENT IT IF THERE IS NOTHING ELSE IN THE STORE

"The Black Dahlia" starring Scarlet Johansson, Josh Hartnett, Aaron Eckhar
Mogura review: TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE nuff said! MOGURA SAYS DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. I want those 2 hours of my life back...

"Cocaine Cowboys" documentary about the Drug trade that started it all in Miami
Mogura review: AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME the way this documentary was put together was just pure snorting fun! It's like you are on cocaine when watching this movie (not like I know how being on cocaine is like...I heard about it from people) it's fun and intense. They have interviews from people who trafficked the cocaine to that actual hitman. They made so much money they didn't know what to do with it!! It's insane...I wish I had that problem! MOGURA SAYS BUY IT OR RENT IT!!! GO AND WATCH IT ASAP!

"Jesus Camp" academy award nominee documentary.
Mogura review: The film focuses on an evangelical Christian camp. Enjoy the ride people...watching 5-12 yrs olds go into convulsions and start crying for Jesus is a trip. Interesting movie... MOGURA SAYS IF YOU ARE IN THE MOOD FOR A DOCUMENTARY THEN RENT IT

"Fast Food Nation" starring Greg Kinnear
Mogura review: Based on the book about Fast Food Companies. Interesting...so many stars appear on this movie. But why wasn't it released in theaters? You think Fast Food Companies had something to do with it? It didn't get an NC-17 rating...the movie kinda lagged in some parts but the essential moral of the story is in there. Big companies only care about profits not about people.
MOGURA SAYS RENT IT

Tis all for now!

No comments: